Friday, September 01, 2006

Hex War

I've been working on a game off and on for a few weeks now. The executive summary is that it's a turn based game where players select their moves for each round simultaneously and secretly. Very much like roborallyee, but I want people to be able to not need to think 5 moves ahead every turn (and allow them to react).

The game will probably take place on a hexagonal grid. Each player will have a set of basic moves (like turning, forward, etc) and will acquire better moves/attacks through play and/or experience.

There will obviously need to be somebody to implement the initiative order (still working on how that will work), and to move the pieces on the board.

The initiave order is the main thing that is keeping me from moving to an early playtest stage... though I suppose I can cross that bridge when I come to it, or ask my playtesters for ideas.

1 comment:

b00jum said...

Neat. I'm working on a hex based board for IceHouse myself.

I've got 2 variations, a grow and capture scenario and a minimal version of Titan called IceHouse Titan.